ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION (ED)
The presence of endometrial tissue (the inner layer of the uterus) outside the uterus is known as endometriosis.The tissue of endometriosis can be observed in the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and intestines.Pain and menstruation abnormalities are the most prevalent symptoms.
Male sexual arousal is a complex process involving hormones, emotions, the brain, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels. ED can be caused by a combination of medical and psychological issues.
Physical causes are as follows:
- Above 50 years of age
- Usage of drugs & alcohol
- Cardiovascular disease
- Hypertension (HTN)
Psychological causes are as follows:
- Relationship issues because of stress, poor communication, or various other concerns
Several factors that can contribute to Erectile Dysfunction are:
- People who have medical issues, such as diabetes or heart disease.
- Being obese, especially if you’re overweight.
- If you smoke a lot of cigarettes, your blood flow to your veins and arteries will be restricted.
- If you are undergoing specialized medical procedures, such as prostate surgery or cancer radiation treatment. Drug and alcohol abuse, especially if you’ve been using for a long time or are a strong drinker.
- People who have had specific injuries, particularly if the nerves or arteries that control erections are damaged.
When Should One See a Doctor?
Erectile dysfunction, occurs when a man is unable to obtain or maintain an erection in order to engage in sexual activity. If it only happens once in a while, it’s probably not a big deal, because all guys have had erection problems at some point in their lives.
However, if it gradually but steadily worsens, there may be a physical cause. Gather all of your concerns and questions and contact an expert right.
How Can It Be Treated?
The duration of the treatment in Delhi NCR is mostly determined by the kind, origin, and degree of the condition, as well as any underlying health issues. It can also be treated with a variety of other methods. Before deciding on a treatment, you should be aware of the risks and benefits of each option as well as your personal preferences.
- Oral medications like Sildenafil (Viagra), Tadalafil (Adcirca, Cialis), Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn) & Avanafil (Stendra).
- Alprostadil (Muse) intraurethral therapy
- Testosterone replacement
- Alprostadil (self-injection therapy)
- Surgical Treatment- Penile prosthesis/implant surgery
Frequently asked questions
Q1. Do smoking and alcohol contribute in erectile dysfunction?Ans:- Yes they both do. Smoking can damage the blood vessels and it slows down the blood flow in penis. Intake of more alcohol can slow down nervous system which can make erection more difficult during intercourse.
Q2. How to prevent erectile dysfunction?Ans:- Lifestyle modification can bring a change. Quitting smoking and modification of alcohol intake followed by rich fiber diet and exercise can create a magic.