Like any other journey of life planning a conception too requires a preparation in terms of physical and mental health, to deal with the pregnancy, the child birth and adding two little feet’s, two little hands and your heart outside your body.
The Aim of pre conception care is
- Optimizing general health. (Anaemia, Hypertension, diabetes, thyroid)
- Infection screening (HIV, HCV, HbsAG, VDRL,COVID 19)
- Obesity-weight reduction (5-10%)
- Optimizing reproductive health (for both partners)
- Safe pregnancy and delivery
- Cost effective treatment without affecting outcome
After complete evaluation of the medical reports of the partners, first counseling is taken up by the fertility expert doctor where scope of treatment line is discussed.
Assessment of Male
- Standard semen analysis
- Semen culture
- Hormone tests (if required)
- Clinical examination
- Colour doppler
- Karyotype, Y deletion
- Sperm DNA fragmentation test
Assessment of female
- Clinical examination
- Blood tests- for general health and hormones.
AMH (Anti Mullerian Hormone) done for assessing the capacity of the ovaries to produce eggs.
- Ultrasound (Trans vaginal) to assess uterus (Fibroids, Polyps, cysts, endometriosis, Septate uterus etc.) and ovaries for antral follicle count (number of eggs)
- HSG (hysterosalpingography) – to check the patency of fallopian tubes.
- Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopy
At BabySoon we believe in treating each couple as individual and address their needs during their journey against infertility. By using these therapies, we help them achieving balance between mind, body and soul.
Pre Conception Medication
The body needs the following medications in preparing for pregancy.
|FOR ALL COUPLES||PCOS (HYPER RESPONDERS)||POOR RESPONDERS (DECREASED CAPACITY OF OVARIES TO PRODUCE EGGS)|
|Folic Acid||Oral contraceptive pill||DHEAS (Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate)|
|Vitamin B12||Metformin||Wheat Grass|
|Vitamin D3||D-Chironositol||Vitamin D3|
|Co enzyme Q||L-Arginine|
|Antioxidants||DHEAS (Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate)|
|Oral Iron and Calcium||Wheat grass|
|Oral Lacto bacilius||Vitamin D3|
It benefits in resuming ovulation in women, better response to ovulation drugs and restores hormonal imbalance.
• helpful for non-obese also.
• Regular aerobic exercise is beneficial.
• 2 hours of exercise in a week is sufficient
• Aim should be weight loss of 5-10%, Reduce BMI to 27.
2 Diet –
• Simple dietary changes can make a difference. The nutrients you need to incorporate in your diet are: – Vitamin B12, folate, Zinc, Selenium, lycopene, Vitamin D and Vitamin C etc
If on ultrasound these conditions are found will require treatment before starting infertility treatment (Hysterolaproscopy)
• Tubal pathology (Hydrosalpinx)
• Mullerian Anomaly