Ovulation induction is a simple treatment for many couples which is safe and a convenient option but needs careful selection of patients.
In this process treatment is started from Day 2 or Day 3 of the cycle after a baseline ultrasound to rule out any cyst or lining of the uterus more then 5-6mm
Who Needs Ovulation Induction?
- Young patients with anovulatory cycle/where ovulation is not happening.
- Patients with polycystic ovaries.
- Unexplained infertility
Steps of Ovulation Induction
- After selection of the right patient who are young and only has difficulty in ovulating (PCOS, unexplained infertility, anovulatory cycles) with fallopian tubes being open and semen analysis being normal.
- Ovulation induction agents (tablets)of clomiphene citrate or letroz are given for 5-7 days and cycle tracking is done by ultrasound for follicular growth.
- Once the follicle is of mature size (18-22mm), a trigger injection is given for rupture of the follicle to release the ovum (egg).
- Couple is then advised to try naturally to conceive during a window prior to ovulation and for 2 days post ovulation.
- Pregnancy test is taken after 14 days.
What We Expect From You
- Time taken to conceive with these treatments is usually 1-6 months. One should understand the process of different treatment and help you to cope with it.
- Stress Management is of utmost importance using different methods like clear understanding of the treatment, keeping the expectations real and to use holistic approach as it helps to create a balance between mind, body and soul.
- If there are any concerns feel free to get in touch with your doctor or the counselor in the clinic
Number Of Visits, hospital Stay And Success Rate
- 3-4 visits for ultrasounds done over a period of 14 days.
- No hospital admission is required.
Success Rate:- 10-15% per cycle.
Frequently asked questions
Q1. What is Ovulation induction?
Ans:- Ovulation induction is a simple, safe, and convenient treatment option for many couples, but it requires careful patient selection.
After a baseline ultrasound to rule out any cysts or uterus lining more then 5-6mm, treatment starts on Day 2 or Day 3 of the cycle.
Q2. How much do the ovulation induction medicines cost?
Ans- Cost of ovulation induction medicine is not fixed because dose of medicines and injections depends on body weight and age, so cost may vary.